
Thanks to a co-worker serving an arrest warrant I got to drive the owner's car (same model as above). That's right, a 1990 Ferrari 348. I have to say it made me appreciate my truck. The steering resembled the red Massey Fergusson tractors I am used to driving, not what I thought an Itailian Hand-made auto would be like. So with no power-steering, and with the top behind the driver seat, I felt like I was the last sardine being put in an aluminum can. If I have the chance to drive one on the higway one day, I will probably change my mind. On that Saturday night, I only went in the 1st and Reverse gears. I have to thank my co-workers for letting me know the gear ratio beforehand was different from what I'm used to. And to those who are wondering, I did not stall out, I drive a standard transmission daily, and the engine sounded wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment